February 8, 2008

A Few Changes...

O k So I usually post on our blogs what has happened or what is going on. It's rare for me to actually say anything important or meaningful however today I realized that its been a while since I've posted anything (thanks to Emily's comment haha) so here it goes...

There are going to be a few changes in my life.

I know Danny and I have both been in hiding the past few months because as you may or may not know we are both working and going to school full time. I'm not sure what made me want to go back and get my master's but I felt super urgent about it and so I have to keep telling myself that it is the right thing.... we'll see.. anyway on to the changes that will be happening

#1 I am excited to announce that Danny will be graduating in April! YEA!! So at least one of us won't be as busy. It will be a nice change for him to work full time and so maybe I can take some time off.. I think it might be a good switch off :) I am really proud of him for working so hard. He is getting a BIS which is a Bachelor's in Integrated Studies (Chemistry, Microbiology, and Spanish). This major takes a little more effort as he has had to come up with a capstone project and he has three professors on his approval committee. So I'm proud of him for going the extra mile xoxoxox

#2 I cut my hair. Yep.. I haven't posted any pics yet because I had to like it before I could hear if anyone else liked it.. hehe. Kim and I met up a couple of days ago for a DMV date :) and well when she saw my hair she was super shocked.. I guess I forgot to tell anyone... oops. I'll post some pics soon :) You can be honest. Some people have really liked the change others preferred the longer look.

#3 The Service for Life Foundation is up and running! YEA! Danny and I along with two of his friends started this non-profit organization to help them and other students gain volunteer experience and so we could bless our lives by serving others. So this is a first for me but I created a website for our non-profit www.serviceforlifefoundation.org I know long name huh?! Well all the other good ones were taken sooo... we are starting this year to serve! If you would like to help or donate please let me know. We need all the help we can get. It was fun coming up with projects last year so I decided we needed to go public with our foundation so others could help in our community as well. Anyway.. check out the site let me know what you think (improvement suggestions are more than welcome)

#4 I'm on a diet. I know I know.. diets are bad right?! Well being a newly wed has its amazing moments but the toll its taken on my body is not one of them :) I had to learn how to cook and with that came the fat! grrr... (I think working full time and being too busy to work-out has also added a little) Anyway... I'm doing a new program called Total Health and Fitness and I can honestly say I've NEVER felt Better! Seriously this is an amazing program and I've already lost 7lbs YEA! I'm on my way down. This is another reason for my anti-social behavior.. I want to get down so you are all shocked with the new and improved me! O k so it will still be me but you can all think I'm new and improved :) hehe I know I can do it! I just need to keep pumping myself up so I can make it.. I'll let you know how it keeps going and if anyone feels like joining me I'll be on my fat killing crusade with this program until May.

#5 As of March 9,2008 Danny and I will no longer be newlyweds! ahhhh!! It's all happened so fast... we will be married one year that day and it seems like yesterday that we were in the temple gazing into each other's eyes wondering what our future together would hold. Its been an amazing year and I can't wait for 5000000 more!

#6 We're moving! FINALLY!! If you haven't heard our crazy neighbor stories then you might not understand my excitement. About three months ago we had some crazy neighbors move in downstairs that seem to think that yelling is a form of love?! hm.. anyway they are crazy and I can't take their fighting and screaming baby anymore so as soon as our Landlord told us he was raising our rent it was all enough to push us to make the move. So the first week of March we will be moving into a house in bountiful just off of Davis Blvd. No, we didn't magically make a ton of money to buy a house on the hill... we were actually contacted by a cute senior couple in my parent's ward that are going on a mission. They want us to stay in their house while they are on their mission to keep it up and all we have to pay are the UTILITIES!! Can I just say that I am sooooo excited!?! I can't wait to save a little money.

So there you have it. Those are our changes so far this year. Its only been a month and a half of 2008 and so much has already happened or will be happening. I am really excited for a new year and I have made some personal New Years Resolutions that will hopefully help me be a better friend, daughter, and wife. I'm so happy to see everyone's posts and how our lives are evolving. Thanks for inspiring me every day! Love you guys!
(sorry this was a long one)

ps.. I got this new adorable and fun Valentine's background from Matie Kay Creations

3 comments:

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

Morgs, I love this frank and blunt side of you! Congrats to you and Danny for your upcoming graduation, your anniversary, and starting your non-profit! Sounds like you are crazy busy! If you don't have plans for your anniversary, I highly recommend the Blue Boar Inn in Midway. It is incredible and so so SO romantic! Congrats again!

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

BTW, I can't wait to see the hair!

Brett + Kristin said...

Wow - you definitely sound busy busy. Sounds like life is going GREAT for you guys!!! Good for you! I am so impressed by you starting your own service foundation. I am going to have to check out your website. Enjoy all the new space in your new house and good work on the diet!!!fb